My Faith Votes Survey: 6 in 10 Christians have an even higher view of President Trump during COVID-19 crisis
78% have a lower view of Democratic leadership.
DALLAS — Six in ten self-identified Christians said they have an even higher view of President Trump because of his leadership during the COVID-19 crisis, according to a survey of over 10,000 people conducted by the nonpartisan voter mobilization group My Faith Votes.
The survey, conducted during the last week of March, was designed to assess how Christians view the government, their faith and the local church in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“This survey tells us three things: First, most Christians are reassured by President Trump’s leadership during the coronavirus crisis and, secondly, Christians have a decidedly lower view of Democrats,” said Jason Yates, CEO of My Faith Votes. “And third, Christians are turning to their faith in extraordinary ways during this time of uncertainty.”
Below are a few highlights from the survey results:
● 61% of respondents have an even higher view of President Trump than before the COVID-19 outbreak
● 78% of respondents have a lower view of Democrats in Congress than before the COVID-19 outbreak with 18.4% saying their view of Democratic leadership is unchanged.
● When it comes to Republican leadership in Congress 37% of respondents have a higher view with 55.5% saying their view is unchanged
● 67.9% of respondents think the U.S. is reacting with appropriate measure to the outbreak
● 77.1% of the respondents are satisfied with their local church’s response to the outbreak
● Respondents listed access to health care (46.2%), retirement and long-term financial security (15.6%) and job loss and ability to pay bills (14%) as their top concerns during the COVID-19 crisis.
● 5 in 10 respondents said they spend more time in prayer now than before the outbreak began
“What was most interesting to me in the survey’s results was that a constituency that has been largely supportive of President Trump noted their view of the president was even higher now,” added Rev. Johnnie Moore, national spokesperson for My Faith Votes. “And while we didn’t ask why their view of the Democratic leadership had declined, it is worth noting that the survey was being conducted around the time of the passage of the economic stimulus bill during which Democratic leaders in the Senate and the House mounted a last-minute opposition to the bipartisan effort to get Americans emergency relief.”
“Thank God, in the end, Congress came together to support our nation through The CARES Act,” said Rev. Moore. “It is also refreshing to many Americans to see staunch, political adversaries like President Trump and the governors of California and New York, commending each other’s successful efforts on behalf of all Americans.” To speak with a My Faith Votes representative, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
My Faith Votes—is a nonpartisan movement that motivates, equips and activates Christians in America to vote in every election, transforming our communities and influencing our nation with biblical truth. By partnering with national faith leaders, My Faith Votes provides resources to help Christians Pray, Think, and Act to create an America where God is honored in the public square.
I believe President Trump is doing a great job. Even thought he is battling invisible enemies on every side! The whole church needs to rise up, come together and help in the battle!