Who We Are
My Faith Votes is a non-partisan movement that motivates, equips and activates Christians in America to vote in every election, transforming our communities and influencing our nation with biblical truth.
We desire to see an America where God is honored in the public square and biblical truth is advanced in our culture.
Why We Exist
A battle is raging for the heart and soul of this nation. It’s a battle over truth—and how you and I will choose to live out our faith in the public square.
As in the days of Isaiah, we are living in a culture that calls evil good and good evil. But our struggle is not against man. We struggle against the lies and division of the spiritual forces of this world.
For years, Christians have bought into the lie that faith is a private matter. As a result, more than 25 million Christians who are registered to vote do not vote in Presidential Elections, and as many as 65 million Christians do not vote in local elections.
So while secular progressives have actively sought to implement a counterfeit worldview at every level of government, Christians have remained quietly inside the walls of the church. As a result of apathy at the voting booth and in public life, we’ve suffered devastating moral decay, declining religious freedom, immoral national debt, and the erosion of traditional family values.
Imagine a staggering 90-million Christians in America being activated to PRAY, THINK, and ACT on their faith. And when informed Christians vote, they bring the influence of their convictions and beliefs to the public square.
What We Do
My Faith Votes calls Christians to “Pray, Think and Vote” in order to protect four core pillars of faith which are religious freedom, the sanctity of life, strong families and marriages, and compassion and support for those in need. We reach Christians to stand boldly for these values in every election and in every community and city across our nation.
Our Four-Part Approach
- Technology and Data
- The My Faith Votes Voting Assistance Center equips Christians to vote in every election. From any computer or mobile device, our followers have access to voter guides and election information for every town in America. We also apply data analysis, research, and technology to strategically reach non-voters in key segments.
- Broadcast and Social Media
- We interview leading Christian influencers on the important issues facing our culture to better understand real solutions offered by a biblical worldview.
- We leverage opportunities through national media outlets – radio and TV – to promote Christian civic engagement.
- The My Faith Votes social media channels connect like-minded people across the country as part of a national movement to equip and mobilize Christians to vote and act on their faith.
- National Church Outreach
- We provide pastors and church leaders with free professional resources, to inform, empower and mobilize people in the pews to action.
- Engaging the Next Generation
- We reach hundreds of thousands of students on Christian university and college campuses to live out their faith calling them to Pray, Think, and Vote.
- Using messaging created specifically for Christian campuses and the latest technology, we take all of the friction out of the voting process for the next generation.
My Faith Votes is a 501c3 non-profit organization founded in 2015 by Sealy Yates to reach millions of Christians to vote and stand for biblical values.
We recognized there are 90 million Christians in America, yet millions do not vote. And for that reason, My Faith Votes was created to provide relevant voting information for every single election in America and to equip Christians to act on their faith.
Dr. Ben Carson served as My Faith Votes Founding Honorary National Chairman before taking the office of U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development. Governor Mike Huckabee now serves as the Honorary National Chairman.
Statement of Faith
In one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
In God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth.
In Jesus Christ, the Father’s only begotten Son, true God, and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures, rose bodily from the dead, and ascended into heaven, where, He sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; and from where He will come to judge the living and the dead.
In God the Holy Spirit, who glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ, convicts men, and regenerates, indwells, guides, instructs and empowers the believer for godly living and service.
In the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, as the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life.
In the holy Christian church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.