Over 11,000 people of faith respond affirmatively to impeachment question
DALLAS — My Faith Votes, a nonpartisan organization that mobilizes people of faith to vote in local, state, and national elections, conducted a recent survey revealing that 91% of respondents want to see Congress open an impeachment inquiry of President Joe Biden over the failed Afghanistan withdrawal.
Respondents were presented with the question “Should Congress open an impeachment inquiry of President Joe Biden over the failed Afghanistan withdrawal?” via email and text message.
91.8% of participants responded positively, 4.2% responded negatively and 4.0% responded “Not Sure.”
The survey also offered respondents an opportunity to provide anecdotal comments, which included these opinions from respondents who supported impeachment efforts:
- “My son died because of serving in Afghanistan. This has been a horrible reminder of what I lost and now these new families joining this painful journey. And it wasn't necessary. They were murdered by Joe Biden.” – Cindy in Idaho
- “I am an Army wife, my husband served 21 years. Biden completely undid our sacrifice and, in essence, gave them all of our equipment and turned his back on our allies. It is a travesty and a betrayal. I have sobbed over this. I feel so bad for all the service members and their families.” – Regina in Georgia
- “As a retired Navy veteran, my heart goes out to not only the families that have lost loved ones who proudly sacrificed it all but to my fellow service members who served and gave so much to have it trampled by incompetence.” – Matt in Tennessee
- “At this moment it feels as though our nation has been deserted by the highest office in the land as well as those who legislate. Perhaps we can find them hiding behind their excuses, deliberate lies and misinformation.” – Marilyn in Ohio
While those who voted “NO” questioned the premise of the question and the potential outcomes:
- “As disturbing as this is, I do not feel it's an impeachable action. I feel it would only divide the country more.” – Dallas in Arizona
- “If Biden is impeached we KNOW who becomes President of the US. Biden, I believe, is the lesser of two evils.” – Gary in North Carolina
Jason Yates, CEO of My Faith Votes, noted, "I must confess I was surprised that nine out of ten surveyed strongly believe that Congress should open an impeachment inquiry of President Biden over Afghanistan. I felt the national outrage, but this is unlike anything I’ve ever seen since we started our work to engage people of faith in the public square."
To honor the service members who sacrificed their lives in Afghanistan, My Faith Votes has issued a national call to prayer for Wednesday, Sept. 1 — the day the U.S. is officially out of Afghanistan. My Faith Votes has created a guide for churches and individuals interested in hosting a prayer vigil. Learn more and download the “Pray for Afghanistan Guide” here.
Media: To request an interview with My Faith Votes CEO Jason Yates, email email@example.com
My Faith Votes—is a nonpartisan movement that motivates, equips and activates Christians in America to vote in every election, transforming our communities and influencing our nation with biblical truth. By partnering with national faith leaders, My Faith Votes provides resources to help Christians Pray, Think, and Act to create an America where God is honored in the public square.