**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE** March 18, 2020
My Faith Votes calls for 30 days of prayer for coronavirus response, urges community to share prayers online
DALLAS — Following President Trump’s declaration for a National Day of Prayer, My Faith Votes is issuing a 30-day call to public prayer for the response efforts by government officials and the private sector to curb the coronavirus outbreak in the United States.
“Prayer is nonpartisan,” said Jason Yates, CEO of My Faith Votes. “That’s a statement we can all agree on, and right now our country is in desperate need of it.”
My Faith Votes hosted a special National Day of Prayer service on Sunday, which is available to replay online, and released a popular special COVID-19 Pandemic Prayer Guide. The prayer guide had an initial 13,500 views when it was published. My Faith Votes also made available “America, It’s Time to Pray,” a special ebook by Robert J. Morgan to help people pray during this time of uncertainty.
But more than praying individually, My Faith Votes is calling people of faith to share their prayers online, with friends via text or email and on their social platforms.
“There’s power in our individual, private prayers, but praying in public is special because it encourages and uplifts others who hear our prayers. We are letting other people know we are coming to God on their behalf and asking Him to bless them and strengthen them in all their efforts. That alone should be encouraging to anyone,” Yates said.
Yates emphasized the need to pray for the government leaders at the local and national level who are working to combat COVID-19.
“At a time like this, we ought to be praying for those leaders, by name if possible, who are making decisions at the local, state and federal level. We should all want them to succeed in their work. Pray for President Trump, Vice President Pence and the Coronavirus Task Force. Pray that they would seek the Lord’s wisdom as they make decisions for the health and safety of all Americans,” Yates said.
Rev. Johnnie Moore, spokesperson for My Faith Votes, also called for people to use this as an opportunity to connect with one another.
“We live in a time where we are blessed with the technology to stay connected even when we are physically apart from the ones we love,” Moore said. “Let’s use it to our advantage and bless one another. Share a prayer on social media. Send an encouraging text or email to an anxious friend, reminding them that God is still in control...and wash your hands!”
People can post their prayers in My Faith Votes’ Facebook page.
My Faith Votes encourages people of faith to heed the instructions of the CDC and medical professionals while also taking advantage of their resources to stay connected with their communities.
In addition to praying for the President, Vice President, those infected, and medical professionals nationwide, below is a list of the members of the task force so they can be prayed for by name:
- Dr. Deborah L. Birx, global AIDS ambassador and director of the task force
- Alex M. Azar II, secretary of health and human services
- Dr. Robert R. Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control
- Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Chad Wolf, acting secretary of the Department of Homeland Security
- Dr. Jerome Adams, U.S. surgeon general
- Seema Verma, administrator of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Robert Wilkie, Secretary of Veterans Affairs
- Dr. Ben Carson, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
- Dr. Stephen Hahn, Commissioner of Food and Drugs
- Kelvin Droegemeier, Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology
- Steven Mnuchin, Secretary of the Treasury
- Larry Kudlow, Director of the National Economic Council
- Robert O’Brien, Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs
- Stephen Biegun, Deputy Secretary Department of State
- Joel Szabat, Acting Under Secretary for Policy, Department of Transportation
- Matthew Pottinger, Assistant to the President and Deputy National Security Advisor
- Rob Blair, Assistant to the President and Senior Advisor to the Chief of Staff
- Joseph Grogan, Assistant to the President and Director of the Domestic Policy Council
- Christopher Liddell, Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy Coordination
- Derek Kan, Executive Associate Director, Office of Management and Budget
Jason Yates, CEO of My Faith Votes, is available for interviews. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability.
My Faith Votes—is a nonpartisan movement that motivates, equips and activates Christians in America to vote in every election, transforming our communities and influencing our nation with biblical truth. By partnering with national faith leaders, My Faith Votes provides resources to help Christians Pray, Think, and Act to create an America where God is honored in the public square.