Peace - Weekly Devotional
This week's focus: Peace
Peace is described as:
- a state of mutual harmony, between people or groups, especially in personal relations
- freedom from disturbance; tranquility
- unity and accord
- the spiritual harmony brought about by an individual’s restoration with God
Father, we know that Your heart’s desire for us is to be a peace with You and with those around us. Place within our hearts the desire to live for You and to listen to the leading of Your Spirit. Let us diligently search for You. Open our eyes that we might see what is good, honorable, and just for this country, and for the well-being of all people.
Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NKJV)
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.”
In Your Prayers, Also Remember:
- Lord, help me—every single morning—to find faith in the midst of the chaos. Give me the desire and ability to see You, hear You, talk to You, and give thanks to You. And as I do, I pray that I will draw nearer to You, and that my faith will multiply exponentially as I understand in new and deeper ways that You are my rock and my salvation. I ask for your peace when the world is raging around me. Thank you that the work of the Holy Spirit in us and the peace we have with You is because of the sacrifice of Your Son.
- We've created an additional resource with scriptures to use as we all pray for our nation right now. You can find it here.
We want to see God honored in America, and we pray for an unprecedented spiritual awakening.
This devotion was produced in partnership with Every Home for Christ.
This ministry is made possible by the generous support of friends like you.