Love - Weekly Devotional
This week's focus: Love
Love is described as:
- strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties
- affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests
- warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion
- unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another
Because of your love, oh Lord, I am alive in Christ. I am saved by your grace! As I pray for America today, God, I ask that you infiltrate this upcoming election year with your love. Give your people in America your heart of love; may we think and speak and act through the filter of your love. May our votes be informed by your love and may the people we elect be leaders of love and grace for all people and all creation.
“But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.”
- Pray for the newly elected leaders in our communities and states. Pray they would seek to lead from a place of humility and sacrifice, serving the people who elected them into their office.
- On this Veterans Day, pray that every veteran of our nation’s armed forces would know they are truly and appropriately honored by the attention and appreciation of their fellow citizens. Pray for God’s protection and blessing on their life.
We want to see God honored in America, and we pray for an unprecedented spiritual awakening.
This devotion was produced in partnership with Every Home for Christ.
This ministry is made possible by the generous support of friends like you.