Honor - Weekly Devotional
This week's focus: Honor
Honor is defined as:
- good name or public esteem
- a showing of usually merited respect
Father, we come before you as one among your people— your Church—your chosen and treasured possession. We pray today that you would guide the hearts of your people in America during every election, to walk in the honor and holiness to which you have called us. Give us wisdom, Lord, to bring honor to your name as we participate as citizens of this country.
“And the Lord has declared this day that you are his people, his treasured possession as he promised, and that you are to keep all his commands. He has declared that he will set you in praise, fame and honor high above all the nations he has made and that you will be a people holy to the Lord your God, as he promised.”
In Your Prayers, Also Remember:
- Pray for the communities of El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio as they grieve and face the aftermath of the deadly shootings that took place over the weekend.
- Pray for the White House staff and the Secret Service, as they serve the President and our country. (1 Peter 4:10).
- Pray against the ever-expanding laws allowing assisted suicide in our nation. New Jersey became the 9th state to legalize the act. Oregon recently removed a 15-day assisted suicide waiting period. Last year, 249 Oregonians died from ingesting lethal drugs prescribed under the “Death With Dignity Act.”
We want to see God honored in America, and we pray for an unprecedented spiritual awakening.
This devotion was produced in partnership with Every Home for Christ.
This ministry is made possible by the generous support of friends like you.