Guard Your Heart - Weekly Devotional
This week's focus: Guard Your Heart
We are called to prioritize protecting our hearts. When your heart is aligned with God, you’ll walk in His ways.
Our culture is adept at protecting our material goods. We have alarm systems for our homes. We have two-step verification for our bank accounts. We have fake smiles and carefully protected online images. But we don’t spend much effort protecting the things that are most valuable: our hearts, our souls.
One of the best ways to safeguard your heart is through worship. As you think about what it means to protect or watch over your heart, take a minute to ask yourself these questions:
- What kind of media do I allow into my life?
- What voices do I listen to?
- What is one voice I can add or cut out of my life to help protect my heart?
- Is there one regular habit I have where I could add worship music in the background? (Maybe driving to work or when you’re getting dressed in the morning.)
Proverbs 4:23 (NIV)
"Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it."
In Your Prayers, Also Remember:
- Father, give me discernment to know what voices to listen to in my life. Help me choose wisely what I allow into my heart and to protect it from apathy, discouragement, and fear. Give me a heart that is attuned to You and open to Your prompting.
- Pray for the abortion restriction legislation being considered in Arkansas, that lawmakers would see it as an opportunity to save lives. Pray that the Massachusetts legislation expanding abortion, which is sitting on the Governor’s desk to be signed, would be stopped. Pray that God opens eyes to the moral truth about abortion. Pray for those who are blinded to see clearly. Millions of Americans have accepted abortion without thinking about it. Pray for opportunities to persuasively challenge that mindset with thought-provoking questions and biblical truth. Pray that the world will see abortion for what it is. We have been handed an opportunity to shine the light on darkness, pray for the courage to boldly stand for life.
We want to see God honored in America, and we pray for an unprecedented spiritual awakening.
This devotion was produced in partnership with Every Home for Christ.
This ministry is made possible by the generous support of friends like you.