Generosity - Weekly Devotional
This week's focus: Generosity
Generosity is defined as:
- the quality of being kind, understanding, and not selfish
- willingness to give money and other valuable things to others
- providing more than the amount that is needed or normal; abundant or ample
Your salvation, oh God, is a gift we receive with unending joy, and our lives are upheld by your generosity. I thank you today for the countless ways you have shown generosity to our nation and to your people in America. I pray, Lord, that you would use my life to continue your generosity to those around me. Make my heart generous as I consider the issues that others are facing around me, that I may be an encouragement to them in their needs.
Psalm 51:12 (NKJV)
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
In Your Prayers, Also Remember:
- Heavenly Father, thank You for Your generous provision for my life. You have given generously that I may live abundantly. Forgive me for selfish ambition and greed. May the invitations of God be more real to me than the invitations of the world. I choose to live for the glory of my King.
- Today (Monday, March 8) the jury selection in the trial of a former police officer charged in the killing of George Floyd begins. Minneapolis, Minnesota has launched a massive security effort to try to prevent a repeat of the rioting and looting that took hold of the city last summer and sparked unrest across the US. A coalition of 17 activist groups vowed a large-scale protest today and a sustained presence throughout the trial. Pray for peace, not only in Minneapolis but across the nation. Pray the words of Micah 6:8 for your own heart which says, “He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?”
We want to see God honored in America, and we pray for an unprecedented spiritual awakening.
This devotion was produced in partnership with Every Home for Christ.
This ministry is made possible by the generous support of friends like you.