Generosity - Weekly Devotional
This week's focus: Generosity
Generosity is defined as:
- the quality of being kind, understanding, and not selfish
- willingness to give money and other valuable things to others
- providing more than the amount that is needed or normal; abundant or ample
Your salvation, oh God, is a gift we receive with unending joy, and our lives are upheld by your generosity. I thank you today for the countless ways you have shown generosity to our nation and especially to your people in America. I pray, Lord, that you would use my votes to continue your generosity to America in the years ahead. Make my heart generous as I consider the issues and leaders at hand.
"Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me by Your generous Spirit."
In Your Prayers, Also Remember:
- Pray for your local school board. As they make decisions that impact the education of the students in your community, pray that they would lead with integrity and humility.
- Pray for the 9 Supreme Court Justices as they begin their next term today. The Supreme Court’s upcoming docket is centered around First Amendment cases, including more than a dozen cases regarding religious liberty.
We want to see God honored in America, and we pray for an unprecedented spiritual awakening.
This devotion was produced in partnership with Every Home for Christ.
This ministry is made possible by the generous support of friends like you.