Consideration -Weekly Devotional
This week's focus: Consideration
Consideration is defined as:
- continuous and careful thought
- thoughtful and sympathetic regard
- esteem, regard
I know, Lord God, the difference it makes to be a person who serves you. I know you give consideration to those who honor you, those who choose the right thing. I pray that your people in America would choose you through every election, and that you would pour out your consideration and kindness on us in response. I pray also that you would lead my heart in giving careful consideration to the votes I cast in every election.
“Then those whose lives honored God got together and talked it over. God saw what they were doing and listened in. A book was opened in God’s presence and minutes were taken of the meeting, with the names of the God-fearers written down, all the names of those who honored God’s name. God-of-the-Angel-Armies said, ‘They’re mine, all mine. They’ll get special treatment when I go into action. I treat them with the same consideration and kindness that parents give the child who honors them. Once more you’ll see the difference it makes between being a person who does the right thing and one who doesn’t, between serving God and not serving him.’”
- Pray for your State and Federal Representatives, by name. You can find your Representative here.
- Continue to pray for El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio as they move forward from the horrific mass shootings. Pray for a spirit of unity and for revival in the hearts of all of us in this nation.
- Pray for CA Representatives to vote no on bill SB-24 that would mandate free abortion medication on all public university and college campuses in the state. If you live in CA, consider sending a message to your Representative with our easy to use tool here.
We want to see God honored in America, and we pray for an unprecedented spiritual awakening.
This devotion was produced in partnership with Every Home for Christ.
This ministry is made possible by the generous support of friends like you.