Care - Weekly Devotional
This week's focus: Care
Care is defined as:
- painstaking or watchful attention
- regard coming from desire or esteem
- a person or thing that is an object of attention, anxiety, or solicitude
Father, I thank You today for the ways You have shown me care. I thank You for Your care for Your people in America. I pray, Lord, that You would fill the hearts of Your people with Your care for others. Give us opportunities to proclaim the Good News, to tell of Your salvation “good and loud” in the heart of Your care. Give us Your shepherd’s heart for the lost in our nation as we engage with those around us, especially in a time with such division and disregard for others.
Isaiah 40:10-11 (MSG)
“Climb a high mountain, Zion. You’re the preacher of good news. Raise your voice. Make it good and loud, Jerusalem. You’re the preacher of good news. Speak loud and clear. Don’t be timid! Tell the cities of Judah, ‘Look! Your God!’ Look at him! God, the Master, comes in power, ready to go into action. He is going to pay back his enemies and reward those who have loved him. Like a shepherd, he will care for his flock, gathering the lambs in his arms, hugging them as he carries them, leading the nursing ewes to good pasture.”
- A dangerous bill has been passed in the House and will be voted on soon in the Senate, known deceptively as For the People Act (H.R. 1 in the House and S1 in the Senate). The legislation would federalize the election process and centralize power by robbing the states of their constitutional responsibility to administer and manage elections — eliminating vital safeguards to liberty by entrusting the federal government with all of the authority. Take a few minutes to learn about this legislation and send a message to your Senators, urging them to vote NO here. Then take time to pray for your elected officials as they consider their vote on this legislation.
- Lord, would You help us to see our role as an ambassador of the Good News? We are Your mouthpiece, Your representative to the world we live in. There are so many around us in need of reconciliation with others and, more importantly, reconciliation with You. By Your grace, we have the answer for them. We ask that You would give us the words and the courage to appeal and implore others to be reconciled to You.
We want to see God honored in America, and we pray for an unprecedented spiritual awakening.
This devotion was produced in partnership with Every Home for Christ.
This ministry is made possible by the generous support of friends like you.