Why is the CDC pushing the LGBTQ agenda instead of fighting disease?
Many parents may be surprised and concerned to learn that the Centers for Disease Control is actively promoting the LGBTQ agenda through schools across the country. Their primary tool is a self-assessment tool for school faculty, staff, and administrators designed to measure how well they support the LGBTQ agenda.
Teachers and administrators are given an assessment with 51 statements including:
- “I cannot assume a student’s gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation.”
- “I participate in my school’s gay-straight alliance (GSA).”
- “My classroom includes visual labels like rainbow flags and pink triangles.”
- “During sexual health education lessons, I describe anatomy separate from gender, for example, 'a body with a penis’ or ‘a body with a vagina.’”
The assessment grades schools for the level of compliance with LGBTQ inclusivity. Those with the highest scores are called, “Awesome Allies,” while those with lower scores are told they should, “Commit to Change.”
Governmental entities have defined roles for a reason. When they step outside of their boundaries, it is usually with political motives.
The CDC is tasked with protecting the public’s health. By publishing and promoting the LGBTQ Inclusivity in Schools Self-Assessment Tool, the CDC has ignored its charter. Instead of a service organization protecting public health, it has become an activist organization, using taxpayer dollars to openly promote the LGBTQ sexual agenda.
Concerned parents and conscientious media across the country will inevitably ask the CDC the following questions:
- What disease does the CDC believe it is diagnosing, preventing, or treating with this LGBTQ assessment?
- Does the CDC consider the biblical view that sex should be within marriage between one man and one woman to be a disease? Does it believe the tens of millions of Americans who believe this way are sick?
- As the CDC pursues activism in sexual education, can the CDC provide a clear, scientific definition of a man and a woman?
- Does the CDC consider pronouns a greater health concern than drug abuse, tobacco use, or childhood obesity? If so, based on what data? And are funds being spent proportionally to the priority of issues at hand?
- Why is the CDC spending taxpayer dollars on an LGBTQ assessment for schools instead of using those funds to find a cure for heart disease or cancer?
When we pull the curtain back on this assessment tool, we see that it is part of a larger strategy to classify ideology as health and gain access to the hearts and minds of our children.
For several years, the progressive left has been stealthily crafting education policy that sneaks LGBTQ initiatives into school counseling, sexual education, suicide prevention, and graduation requirements.
I am disappointed but not surprised that progressives are now utilizing the CDC to entice every school across the nation to fall in line with their agenda.
The best way to help your children, regardless of the extent to which the left has infiltrated their school, is to help them define truth before the world does. Help your children understand issues like sex, gender, and marriage through a Biblical lens by reading and discussing God’s plan in the first two chapters of Genesis.
Teach your children the difference between a biblical worldview (the worldview we hold as Christians) and secular humanism (the competing worldview they are most likely to encounter at school). We suggest starting with this 8-minute video from pastor Carl Kuhl of Mosaic Christian Church for an excellent description of the biblical worldview, the humanistic
worldview, and the dangers of mixing them.
Is your child’s school infected by the progressive left?
My Faith Votes developed an assessment to help parents determine whether their child’s school has been infected by the CDC’s LGBTQ agenda. By answering 22 questions, parents can know whether their child’s school is mildly, moderately, or terminally infected with LGBTQ propaganda. It also provides advice on how to protect your kids and affect change at the school. You can download a free copy here.
The CDC’s aggressive push of the LGBTQ agenda requires a strong defense in the home and school. As God’s people, we must remain steadfast in the truth for our families and our nation.
My Faith Votes—is a nonpartisan movement that motivates, equips and activates Christians in America to vote in every election, transforming our communities and influencing our nation with biblical truth. By partnering with national faith leaders, My Faith Votes provides resources to help Christians Pray, Think, and Act to create an America where God is honored in the public square.
Website | www.myfaithvotes.org Twitter | @MyFaithVotes Facebook | My Faith Votes