ACTION ALERT: Federal Government Seeking to Take Over Elections
A dangerous bill introduced in Congress, known as For the People Act, (H.R. 1 in the House and S1 in the Senate) would federalize the election process.
This legislation centralizes power by robbing the states of their constitutional responsibility to administer and manage elections — eliminating vital safeguards to liberty by entrusting the federal government with all of the authority.
We believe some states need accountability, transparency, and reforms in the election process, but centralizing power does not combat these issues. History tells us this will not work.
We urge you to use our simple tool and send a note to your representatives in Congress urging them to oppose this legislation and keep election power in the states' hands.
This bill will not only centralize the election process, it violates the First Amendment of the Constitution by limiting free speech.
If passed, the For the People Act would:
- Require non-profit organizations to disclose their donors’ names to the federal government.
- Expand government censorship of political activity and speech.
- Change the Federal Election Commission from six to five members, allowing one political party to control the commission.
- Eliminate rules requiring witness signatures and signature verification on mail-in ballots.
- Require states to offer early voting.
- Prevent states from “cleaning” voter rolls.
- Prohibit prosecution of ineligible voters for being “mistakenly registered.”
- Allow felons to vote.
And much more.
This legislation is a top priority on Capitol Hill, and it is one of the most severe attacks on our Constitutional Republic we have seen in our lifetime. This bill threatens the very foundation of our government, our election process, and our First Amendment rights.
As a Christian and supporter of our Constitution and free speech, we urge you to tell your representatives you oppose this legislation. It is truly NOT “for the people.” You can read more about the bill here.
My Faith Votes—is a nonpartisan movement that motivates, equips and activates Christians in America to vote in every election, transforming our communities and influencing our nation with biblical truth. By partnering with national faith leaders, My Faith Votes provides resources to help Christians Pray, Think, and Act to create an America where God is honored in the public square.